I am sorry that I am writing this email with little details. As you may have heard, Dallas County has ordered that no school in the county may start face to face school until at least September 8. In that order, they have also immediately banned any competitions or work outs in athletics and while schools are not having face to face instruction. So what this means for us is that we will not be able to start our season as scheduled on August 3. Also, team camp will have to be cancelled as well since it is scheduled in Dallas County. At this point, the earliest that we will be able to start our season is September 8.
Unfortunately, this is all I know at this point. I know that you must have many questions, but nothing else has been shared with us. We expect for UIL to make some announcement about the state wide situation next week. We will have to wait to hear what they have to say when our season can start and get more clarity on the situation. I am hoping very much that they extend our season so that we are able to play most of our schedule, but we will have to wait to see.
It is important that we be prepared to start our season when that time comes. I know that most of your daughters have been training and preparing. Please keep that going. Thank you so much for supporting your daughter in volleyball.
We are living in crazy times, but Scots are tough, resilient and strong. We will get through this together. I will share any additional information with you as I receive it. Please take care of yourselves and your family.
Head Volleyball Coach
Highland Park High School